No matter what brand you are wearing, your appearance will still be primarily determined by your hair. Everything you wear, from clothes to makeup, are all worthless if your hair looks like a mess. But there’s no need to visit your hair salon or buy pricey products to achieve a beautiful crowning glory. Following the tips below can do the trick.
Basic Hair Care
Shampooing, Rinsing, and Drying
- Wet your hair completely.
- Rub the shampoo between your palms before applying it on your hair.
- Rinse your hair with cold water after 30 seconds. The cold water will help seal the moisture in your hair.
- After rinsing, brush your scalp from back to front to spread out the natural oils in your hair. Brush until you feel your scalp tingle.
- Use your fingertips to massage your scalp.
- Use a towel to dry your hair before you blow-dry to avoid damaging your hair with too much heat.
- Use a damp hairbrush.
- To avoid breakage, refrain from brushing your hair while it is still wet.
- Comb out tangled hair.
- If you suffer from dandruff, try this:
– Saturate a cotton pad in rubbing alcohol
– Rub the cotton pad on your scalp
– When the alcohol has dried up, brush your hair then rinse with warm water
– Do this every two weeks
- For permed hair, perk up your locks by misting it with fresh water in between shampoos and use your fingers to put curls into place.
- Avoid bad cholesterol and fats because they can make your hair dull and lifeless.
- When you get a color, wait two days before shampooing your hair.
- Beer can effectively remove dirt from your hair. Mix six tablespoons of beer in 1 cup of warm water. Rinse your hair using the mixture.
- If you regularly use conditioners and styling gels, mix baking soda to your regular shampoo to avoid build-up of residues from these products.
- A pomade can effectively control flyaway and static, and add shine to your hair.
- To smooth down a braid, apply a gel to the stray hairs.
- Secure the ponytail at the end of your braids using a coated rubber band or soft hair ties.
- Use a hair gel if you’re trying to achieve a wet look.